Trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, and I deserve what I got. The gold standard of any great buffet is lobster. I’ve been tricked and straight out lied to many times when calling buffets and asking if they had lobster. I’ve had friends tell me that certain buffets have all you can eat lobster, only to be disappointed to find a huge upcharge.
There are many buffets in Las Vegas, and I’ve tried them all. Before continuing, I have to tell you that the best buffet in Las Vegas is very expensive. This buffet is one of the highest priced on the strip. In this case, it is beyond worth the extra money. This buffet has a $99 price tag, but before that price scares you off, this buffet has everything you would expect at a five-star restaurant, only in buffet form.
This fantastic buffet includes lobster tails, Alaskan king crab legs, lamb, prime rib, sushi, fresh-shucked oysters, truffle mashed potatoes, banana bread pudding French toast, a custom omelet station, lobster bisque, eggs Benedict, never-ending glasses of Perrier-Jouët Champagne & mimosas. Oh yeah, did I mention ALL YOU CAN EAT LOBSTER TAILS?
When I first tried this buffet, I immediately put three large lobster tails on my plate with three cups of hot butter. It was a magical experience. I was eating these lobster tails like chicken fingers. I then walked back up and put three more lobster tails on my plate. It was glorious.
The Sterling Brunch at Bally’s is the once a week buffet that is the Slob Blog best buffet in Las Vegas. It’s only available on Sundays starting at 9:30 AM. $99 is a hefty price tag, but this will be one of the best food experiences you will have in your life. Congratulations to the Sterling Brunch at Bally’s on being the Slob Blog best buffet in Las Vegas.
PRO SLOB TIPS
1. Stay away from the salad bar and carbs if possible. The lobster, prime rib, and lamb are so good that you should treat this experience like a Brazilian steakhouse. Meat, meat, and more meat.
2. This buffet will probably require a trip to the bathroom. Since the closest bathroom is about thirty yards away in the casino, come ready. Bring wet wipes both for your cleaning and to thoroughly clean the toilet seat. These bathrooms are gross. Be prepared. Clean the seat thoroughly, take care of business, and then return to the buffet for round two.
3. Fast the night before. Come in with an appetite. Plan on this being your only meal of the day. I went to this buffet with a friend who had the same mindset. We were barely able to walk back to the hotel room after this feast.
4. Plan on taking a nap and most likely not leaving your room the day of this feeding. If you do this buffet right, you will be laid up for at least twenty-four hours. Plan accordingly.
5. If you’re an A-hole, who will keep talking about the price, don’t go. The Sterling Brunch buffet is an experience. If you’re a person, who thinks that the $100 price tag means that you should be treated like King Robert Baratheon from Game of Thrones, stay home. Have another spam sandwich and leave this experience to those that will appreciate it. You’re in Las Vegas. One hundred dollars goes in less than a minute. You will spend the best hundred dollars during your Las Vegas trip eating this astonishing meal.